Welcome to The Arches Bed and Breakfast
GPS: 53.946982, -7.546347
With so much to do on site, Pearl and Wilson Kells will ensure your holiday is simply unforgettable. The Arches Farmhouse is a working Irish farm and from the moment you arrive, you will feel the warm welcome and hospitality offered by the Kells family. The smell of Pearl’s delicious home baking will instantly draw you to her lounge where Pearl serves freshly brewed tea and her fresh scones with jam and cream. This is just a prequel to the fabulous full Irish breakfast that Pearl serves guests each morning, made to order just the way you like it!
After breakfast take a relaxing walk down the farm lane to the lakeside, where you will be amazed by what you see, in the centre of the lake an ancient dwelling known as a Crannog. If you’re feeling adventurous you can even use the family boat if you want to see a bit more of the lake.
Refresh your senses with a stroll around the landscaped panoramic gardens and explore the family farm where you can watch the animals grazing and the farmer at work.
Make time for a game of tennis or crazy golf in the afternoon, both are available for guests on site and if the weather is a little rainy, why not make use of the games room in the farmhouse where you will find a pool table, darts and a selection of board games. Your hosts will be happy to recommend the best places to visit off the beaten track so that you can tour Cavan like a local.
Why choose The Arches Farmhouse B&B?
- Private access to Lake Ardra on the grounds and use of the family rowing boat
- Lots of activities are available for all the family with the games room, tennis court and crazy golf course on site
- Wonderful opportunity to trace your ancestors
- Experience life on a working Irish family farm and meet the animals, enjoy fruit picking in the kitchen garden
- Delicious home baking served each day